When you go abroad, you can keep your number active using the International Roaming service from Vodacom.
You have the choice between 5 daily roaming bundles on two types of coverage which are: Vodacom Roaming and Africa Roaming. Click here to know more
Vodacom has a fixed and simplified tariff for all countries and all operators:
Costs of calls received while in roaming
Cost of call (MT/Min)
|AR Vodacom SA||2|
|AR, excl. Vodacom Tanzania and Vodacom DR Congo||5.70|
|Vodacom Tanzania and Vodacom DR Congo||12|
|Group 2, 3 e 4||45|
Countries and Network by Groups:
How activate roaming service
- Call Vodacom Customer Care on 84111 free from a Vodacom cellphone at least seven days before you leave
- Confirm that Vodacom has an International Roaming Agreement in the country you are visiting dependent of the technology (tri/dual) and that your cellphone is set up accordingly
- Ask to activate International Roaming and be aware that a roaming deposit is required
- Complete and return the acceptance form and you will receive a call to inform you that your Roaming as been activated
- Prior to leaving, dial 84111 to confirm if your Roaming Service has been activated
- Switch your cellphone on when you reach your destination and you should be automatically logged on to the network with the strongest signal
- To call Customer Care from abroad, please dial +25884111
Verifies that the network technology and compatible with your phone
Checks before travel if your phone is compatible with the frequency and the visited network technology. The network frequency bands may be:
- GSM-2G 900 MHz , 1800 Mhz
- US 2G mobile 800 MHz e 1900 MHz ,
- GSM 3G/ UMTS com 2100 MHz,
- 4G ou LTE.
The devices "multi-mode" support various technologies such as CDMA, TDMA or iDEN depending on the model.
b ) Check whether Vodacom has a roaming agreement in the country you are visiting and what are the services that Vodacom offers on their networks;
c) Verifies that unblocked the roaming option and / or data roaming on your device.
Customer care consultation being in roaming : Free calls to the +258 84 111 0000 + 258 84 111 0000 or send e- mail CCSupervisors@vm.co.mz
Como controlar os custos de roaming em geral:
- If you are in a country where Vodacom has agreements such as Africa or Roaming Vodafone group manually choose the preferred network;
- For the countries of Africa Roaming Group and Vodafone that have the available supply uses the daily provision of roaming;
- The welcome message lets you calculate your costs , using mobile applications to calculate your consumption of minutes , SMS and Megabytes.
Como controlar dados
Vodacom offers the following tips to keep your consumption of predictable data :
- Prevents upload and download music , photos , and movies;
- Turn off your facebook and other applications that do not need;
- Enables Roaming option data "OFF" and only binds the moments that need;
- Use wi fi rather than 3G/GPRS/EDGE;
- Connects to Fetch New Data "OFF ";
- Resets usage tracker for 0 to 10 MB to control its use in real time.